CROSS BAY MOTORSPORTS YAMAHA SCR 950 GIVEAWAY
CONTEST NAME: WIN A NEW YAMAHA SCR 950 FOR THE HOLIDAYS COURTESY OF CROSS BAY MOTORSPORTS
STATION: WJVC - MY COUNTRY 96.1 (The Company)
STATION ADDRESS: 3075 VETERANS MEMORIAL HIGHWAY SUITE 201 RONKONKOMA NY 11779
SPONSOR: CROSS BAY MOTORSPORTS (The Sponsor)
1. Description of Contest/Participation
A. Dates of Contest: The Contest will begin on Tuesday September 4th 2018 and end on December 4th 2018. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon number of participants.
B. How to Enter: WJVC will invite participants to register by offering an Enter To Win raffle entry at all station "Ticket Blitz" appearances between the contest dates –Contestants must be registered with their name, e-mail and phone number as well as their age to be eligible to be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing. Selection of the winner will be random, all entrants have an equal chance of winning. Drawing will be held live on site at the Holiday Concert at The Stereo Garden of Patchogue. Winners need not be present at the time of the drawing and meet all eligibility requirements (Be at least 18 years of age, have a valid Social Security Number and contact information)
TIME PERIOD FOR CONTEST
Tuesday September 4th, 2018 through Tuesday December 4th
Grand Prize Drawing at Stereo Garden, winner need not be present to win on Tuesday December 4th 2018. Event will run 7pm till 11pm.
HOW TO PLAY: We will invite all listeners who attend any of our station "Ticket Blitz" events between the start and end date of the contest to stop by the My Country 96.1 table/display and enter to win the Grand Prize. One entry per person per event. An anticipated (12) event dates will be scheduled between the start and end of the contest and actively promoted on air on WJVC 96.1 FM and through all of My Country 96.1's social media platforms. No transfer of the winning prize will be allowed and the drawing held live on stage on the night of December 4th, 2018 at Stereo Garden will be final.
2. Prize(s): There is one grand prize in the contest, consisting of (1) 2017 Yamaha SCR 950 which will be awarded to the winner directly from Cross Bay Motorsports located at two locations: 1660 Sunrise Highway, Bay Shore, NY 11706 and 164-01 Crossbay Boulevard, Howard Beach, NY 11414. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed by the station within 1 calendar year of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
Taxes, Insurance and License Fees are the sole responsibility of the winner (8.625% sales tax and appropriate license fee). If winner is unable to make payment as outlined, the Station reserves the right to disqualify winner and select an alternate winner in its sole discretion. Winner must arrange delivery of grand prize directly with Cross Bay Motorsports and is subject to all terms and conditions in the agreement.
If a winner cannot be contacted or disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
3. Standard Eligibility and Limitations: Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents. The age limit will vary from contest to contest as determined by the Station, please refer to each contest’s official rules. If the contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor, must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated in the official contest’s rules, only one (1) entry per person. If the contest involves listener participation by voting for a contest participant on the station’s website then the voting is limited to one vote per person. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion. Employees of the company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation, or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Publicity; Use of Personal Information: By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the sponsoring companies (Cross Bay Motor Sports and WJVC-FM) exclusive permission to use their names, character, photographs, voices and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
5. Release: By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company (WJVC-FM), its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors (Cross Bay Motorsports) and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury, or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
6. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner music provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company WJVC-FM or its sponsor Cross Bay Motorsports will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
7. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, international interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
8. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
9. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.